Sunday, June 29, 2008

What's around the bend

So I've been watching movies at a good pace lately, so I have some grandiose plans as far as upcoming posts:

-I promised myself that I would watch Breathless (1960) before watching the controversial Lumet film Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007). Well, last night I completed the first leg of journey, so now onto some much anticipated Lumet. Then I will finally be able to weigh in on the previous posts about Lumet's movie on this blog.

*UPDATE*

I've watched Before the Devil Knows You're Dead and now I've realized that only about 20 seconds of the movie can relate to Breathless. Oh well!

-This one will probably never happen, and also it would be foolhardy to do, but I'm interested in doing a 10 block movie comparison of movies with the titles of one through ten. So for instance the first three could be:

One (2001)
Two (1974)
Three (2005)
ect...

After searching on IMDB, it appears that my options are not limited to one movie per number, and in fact I have a choice of up to 5 or 6 movies on certain numbers. This is a huge undertaking, but I would feel alright with glossing over each of these movies in a paragraph, simply because they just don't look that great. I'm most interested in trying to guess which number I'll like the best. I wonder if we could all place bets on this?

2 comments:

Ric Burke said...

Hi Adam, nice to see you back, I thought you had called it a day.

Thanks for all the nice comments on my posts and yes you have to check out Touch of Evil, it's fantastic.

So what did you think of Breathless? I look forward to hearing your views on it.

I have to tell you about this community of film bloggers that I joined called LAMB. The people are nice, there's over 100 members and the tastes are eclectic to say the least. I joined in April and haven't looked back.

If you want to join as well, which I highly recommend then look here:
http://largeassmovieblogs.blogspot.com
Or click on my LAMB tab at my blog.


Nice to see you back, I look forward to your next post.

Adam Schnapper said...

Hey, thanks very much. I just started writing the Breathless post as you commented. (I've been very productive, at least in terms of blogging). Thanks for the recommend, I'll check it out.

Also, I'm very curious what you think, have you seen Before the Devil Knows You're Dead?